Friday, May 30, 2008

Putting pets to sleep and russian cartoons

Ladies and gentlemen those are some of the saddest things. I took my dog in today and walked out with the leash and collar in my hands, this is the only pet I've had and if I were to try and describe it for all of you poor folks with allergies that never had the joy of a pet I would say sit down and read Where the Red Fern Grows, Old Yeller, and Sounder all at once, try to compound all of those emotions and you would have the beginnings of a fraction of what it feels like. Today will be maybe a little tearful however I have come across something else on this incredibly quick internet while I was searching for this russian birthday song from a movie "Eastern Promises" which I heartily recommend. I started clicking on some of the cyrillic(sp?) characters and found my way to this Krokodil Gena and Cheburashka little puppet animation similar to maybe a mr rogers. They had the song and some translations about how it is raining, but it is his birthday, and birthdays only come once a year. There was a distinctly depressing yet endearing feel to it. I recommend anyone that has a little freetime on their hands to check it out. I'll be signing out today guys maybe even put on a little "raindrops are fallin" and watch the rain beat against the skylights.

1 comment:

alisha said...

Hey Marc...

hope your summer is going well. I am seriously planning a trip to chicago for the "taste of chicago" festival and a Cirque du Soleil show...thought I'd see what you'll be up to that week.

email me

alisha