Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fashion Tricks and Quips

Well Ladies and Gentlemen my life seems to be a little less remarkable now that I am back home. However I have been keeping my eye out for noteworthy content, and I have a couple things to throw out there. In terms of a movie review, I saw Indiana Jones, and I thought it was pretty impressive, I have heard the critics and naysayers kind of knock it around, but after watching it I was pleasantly pleased with the action, the story, and even the ending. It left a good taste after it went down, well worth the 4.50 ticket. Which come to think of it I think the ticket girl maybe gave me a student discount. I think I'll take that with a wink and a smile. In terms of a book review a friend recommended me to read some books by SM Stirling the first "Dies The Fire" was pretty decent. It deals with a modern day Oregon, and has an event in which all electronics and guns stop working. Kind of an intriguing idea, he dresses it up nicely with some quality action description scenes however my one criticism of this author is that he uses the "suspension of disbelief" a bit too much. People seemed to pop out of the woodwork with all kinds of knowledge and none of it seemed to be too congruent. I have recently been rocking out to Jethro Tull, particularly "Like a Tall Thin Girl" the lyrics kill me every time. It tells a pretty good story one easy to envision like most of his songs. As for a new skill, I went out and tried buying clothes for the first time by myself. Well folks I generally go with someone a little more fashionably dressed than myself and rely heavily on whatever they pick out. The kid gloves were off and I found myself wandering into an Express, I have never bought an outfit and I was trying to recollect all the advice I had heard about buying clothes. Dont mix vertical and horizontal stripes, no long sleeves and shorts combos, and stop wearing kiddie cargoes. OK so in my attempt to not look like a high schooler I calmly perused the shelves after about 5 mins a slaesclerk offered if she could help, wanting to be independent I said "Oh no thank you I'll be fine" after about ten minutes she came back and I was ready to throw in the towel on picking out clothes. Well the store clerk rescued me and I was able to ask her all of my fashion concerns, she was able to aid me in picking out some clothes and I was actually able to put together an outfit. Her patience was much appreciated because now I feel a little more confident in picking out clothes, and you can bet your bottom dollar where I am going to be shopping for it. I picked up a new trick yesterday and I am going to stick in my bag. Keep your eyes out for new tricks ladies and gentlemen, we could all use a little spin on ourselves.

No comments: