Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gold Bonding....

Day Four
Suffolk-Waverly

Well today day was one of the shorter rides ofr our trip we ended up being able to make it around 40 miles ad it was a pretty nice ride. A little stressful on stretches of some of the busier roads, but overall prett easy ride. Or would have been had my cleat not separated from my clip on pedal and left me to pedal with one foot for about 7-8 miles. That part was not so cool, but it was a relatively quick fix during lunch and I was able to take it easy for the last couple of miles after lunch. I had an interesting experience this morning when I was brushing my teeth. Five riders came in and one right after another, they put on the counter Gold bond body powder bottles. It was almost synchronized, one after another I looked at them and asked “Guys am I missing something, whats the deal with the gold bond?” They informed me that it was a good way to keep the unmentionables clean and healthy, and they strongly recommended that I get some. Well after we made it into Waverly I stopped at a pharmacy and I picked some up as well as a delicious chocolate shake. I applied it after and actually it was quite refreshing. I think I am goin g to try and make a habit of using it. I will be able to engage with the other males in the ritual of morning application.
Overall the comraderie of the group is growing, as we go through the rides we end up talking to each other more and we are becoming pretty close. I keep coming to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing I could be doing with my summer.

No comments: