Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Exercises in humilitation...

Well Ladies and Gentlemen lets recap
Workout day 1 I worked out in the morning and in the evening morning session for an hour, evening session for a half hour, although I was able to bike the same amount of distance in each session. I swear this contraption I am riding on has to be harder than riding on the road. It is basically a conveyor belt I rest my bike on top of. However, I logged in four more miles today, bringing my total up to...5 miles. Kind of anticlimatic I know but you have to start somewhere, what happened to my college days of doing 70 mi rides...either I am really out of shape or this conveyor contrivance is simply wasting my energy. That which does not kill us makes us stronger, and I think it would be pretty hard for me to meet my end while basically biking in one spot. One nice thing though as I went over to "steam" after my evening workout session I got to see the last bit of the sunset at 9:20PM. Then after having a hot one, all of my muscles were completely relaxed. I wish I could pack a steamhouse with me and take it out to end my day. It is blissful. Then coming out and into the tundra evening air, was so crisp, and drinking a potful of melted snow...this is going to be something to miss. I have to get to bed now folks tomorrow I want to be at school by 6AM to work out, and still give me seven hours to sleep.

No comments: