Monday, March 23, 2009

Biking is on!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen I have been given the go ahead. My summer bike tour is on. That means between now and then I have to do a seriuos bout of training. I have to be ready May 19th, four days after the end of the school year. This si pretty intense and it looks like it is going to suck up a majority of my summer. But I think it is going to be worth it, getting to see America so intimately, I don't know if I could have passed this up. In two years I will sadly be too old. I am pretty pumped I have checked out the other riders profiles and they seem to be a good group of people, they have decided to put a big portion of this past year to devoting their time to others. I have to admit that I missing out seeing my family and friends this summer. A lot of my plans got pushed to the wayside, but I am appreciative that everyone still supports me to follow my wild fancies. I have 64 days left to prepare for this and Ihave my training bike all set up with a bike computer. So far mileage logged >1mi. Ok I know it is small, but I am getting up at 5:30 tomorrow to log some serious time in before school and see if I get these numbers up. I am going to attempt to keep a daily posting of how many days left and how far I have ridden total. Guys this sounds like it is going to be a trip of a lifetime. Once I am given a donation link I will post here and I hope you guys will help out the affordable housing cause. What this trip is going to entail is that I am going to start out in Virginia Beach, Virginia, dip my bike into the Atlantic Ocean, then bike to Canon Beach, Oregon and dip my wheels into the Pacific. Stopping along the way nine times to build houses in various locations along the way. I am a member of a group of 30 people, and following the philosophy of many hands make light work we should be able to provide a good surge of manpower to these sites. This trip will take me to the 29th of July, and I have to be back in AK on the 11th of August for meetings. Alright guys, here's to having some new starts...

No comments: