Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Uppers and Downers of Sick Days

Well ladies and gentlemen, I had a sick day today, I couldn't seem to pull it all together and I might have caught whatever my roomie has. (Hopefully not as he has been out for a couple of days now) However a dayquil and couple genebs later I am slightly optimistic that I may be able to kick this out of my system. This sick day gave me a chance to catch up with some friends and family, find out the ongoings of life outside the boundaries of Alaska. Just a couple of weeks left of school up here, the excitement is building as Prom night approaches. I have decided Friday I am going to teach my students all how to tie a tie. Before my first day of teaching I had this idea of wearing a tie every day to school. I kind of looked forward to it, the sense of accomplishment that came with that tie, the sense of being professional. I have to admit I have not taken my ties out at all this year. It really didn't seem to be too appropriate, as if I was putting on airs. I still kept to loafers khakis and a button up shirt, for almost the whole year, but these last couple of weeks the water crunch has been pretty tight, and I am down to jeans loafers and odd tops. I enjoy the criticisms of my students telling me I dress like an old man. They have had numerous discussions about getting me baggy and saggy clothing, and some have even talked about next halloween coming to school dressed like Mr. Broz. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? Well for right now I'll take what I can get. The beast of the first year is wheezing its last gasps. Next year has me rubbing my hands in anticipation eager for the chance to fix past slip ups and kind of hit the ground running. I have kind of rambled this post but I will blame it on the meds, I should have a more coherent piece tomorrow. As a final thought what type of image do your clothes cast before you, how were are put together whether we like it or not sends a message to our observers. Evening, all.

1 comment:

pg said...

u always get sick, even more then I do