Friday, January 9, 2009

Sick!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, man alive have I been hit hard! I have been down and out for three days now with this killer flu. My throat feels like it has had all of the moisture evaporated from it and there is nothing left but dry sandpaper. My uvula is swollen and is knocked around like the proverbial punching bag with every breath I take (or cough). Thankfully K&P's Pharmaceuticals came through for me and I believe I am finally at the end of the wild ride. This sickness has given me some time to read a bit more and I picked up a book by Isaac Asimov and I must admit I am greatly impressed by his writing style. I find his stories so informative, they are science fiction, but by explaining all of the science, he makes it seem almost plausible. It was only a compilation of short stories however it got me thinking about writing again. Once I have teaching down pat (if that ever happens) I will see about picking up the pen and notebook and see where they might take me.
As for right now I am enjoying the soothing pleasures of Ayuq (labrador) Tea and listening to whatever songs pop up shuffle-wise. Til next time...

No comments: