Friday, September 5, 2008

Getting old...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been playing PE with my students and let me tell you, and I am maybe getting into a little bit shape. I am throwing a medicine ball around with my students and man it is hard keeping up with these fishermen, their forearms are killer from pulling in nets. But I have found my one true strength in basketball in the game of 21. It is mainly rebounding and defense, and with my long arms and odd height out here I am actually competitive with the game. At the end of the day I am reminded just how unfit I am, shin splints and back pains keep me relishing the experience of finally sitting down at the end of the day. Things are looking on the up an up this year I don't knwo what got into the water but it is like night and dayout here. I have kids voluntarily staying after to work on homework before they go play out even on Fridays! I have found myself becoming oddly more social, I end up talking to people most of day nowadays and my days seem to fly by. I go from homework to dinner to Church next door for a little socialization to steaming then to home. My steaming has improved and the other day I was able to cook some of my students, they were convinced that I took notes and studied over the summer. And Ladies and Gentlemen the food has been simply amazing! I can't believe it, I was not a fan of fish before but I can just pound this food down it is so delicious, salmon coooked abunch of different ways, and now I have even dabbled in a little clam eating. I have been incredibly impressed so far and am looking forward to more delicacies in the future. The first three weeks are down and I am pumped about the rest of the semester. I have already signed up for graduate courses so I will be working on my masters as well as teaching this year. I tell you folks I am getting my ducks in a row. Until nesxt time ladies and gentlemen...

1 comment:

alisha said...

good to have you blogging again. sounds like things are going well. i also think this year is off to an amazing start.

take care